Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Just fitted BT Home Hub 4 and can receive Emails but send

Customer Question

Just fitted BT Home Hub 4 and can receive Emails but send them.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

What program do you use to send and receive emails?

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Outlook Express

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Have not received a satisfactory answer. Complete waste of money

Customer:

Hi sorry I was on another question.

When you try to send an email do you get an error message?

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Yes I do

Customer:

Could you let me know what it is BT emails are send using a different port to other email providers.

Did you have any trouble before you changed the hub, did you change internet providers as well?

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

No problems at all. The answer re internet providors is I am not sure. I have just taken up offer from BT and have kept my current telephone number and Email address.

Customer:

Thank you I think you may have moved providers.

Could you go into outlook express for me and click on tools at the top then select accounts

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

ok

Customer:

Could you click on the bt mail account and then click properties

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Have done this

Customer:

Could you click on the servers tab and check the outgoing server is set to mail.btinternet.com

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

No bt mail account shown

Customer:

Could you let me know what email accounts you have

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

no it is not. It is set to POP3toucansurf.com

Customer:

ok what is you email address is it ........@toucansurf.com

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Yes it is

Customer:

Could you try and send an email and let me know the error message

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Yes will do

Customer:

If the error message is to do with Authentication you will need to go to the toucan account settings again

Tools>accounts click on toucan and click properties and then click on my out going server requires authentication

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Cant send Email but here is a copy of the Error Report.

Customer:

sorry I cannot see the error report

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Server has unexpectedly terminated connection. Possible causes include Server problems network problems or long periods of inactivity. Account POP 3. Toucansurf.com server sml toucansurf.com Protocol SMIP.Port.25. Secure (SSL) no socket error 10053 numb)x))CCCOF

Customer:

Could you go to the account settings and select my out going server requires authentication

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Have you reeived it now ??

Customer:

Yes thank you

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Poor service with no answer to the problem

Customer:

sorry I am still working on the question with you please don't rate me as bad as it affects my profile.

Did you change the setting my outgoing server requires authentication

Customer:

I will continue to work on the question until it is resolved.

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Many thanks. No I have not changed the setting. Should I do so now ?? If so to what ??

Customer:

yes if you could just tick the box and then tick the box below which is use the same settings as incoming server

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Can you please clarify which boxes

Customer:

Full Size Image

I hope this picture helps you need a tick in the box below outgoing mail server

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Done

Customer:

Could you click on settings next to where you put the tick

Customer:

Hopefully you will have a box like this

Full Size Image

You need to select use same settings as my incoming server

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Done

Customer:

Could you try and send an email now

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

Sorry same problem exists

JACUSTOMER-d8i39lt4- :

I have to go now may try later. Problem not solved

Customer:

I am sorry I have been researching a bit more and it may not be possible.

This is off the talk talk site.

Unfortunately if you’re not connected to a TalkTalk internet connection it’s not possible to use your email account via a mobile device such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet. Access via 3rd party networks such as other broadband and mobile providers is not possible.

Top Tip: Why not create a @talktalk.net email address which allows access via a mobile device? This can be done in Myaccount, for more information see how to setup a Talktalk email address

But you are receiving your emails ok. I have a few more idea so we can talk again later today if thats ok

Customer:

I am sorry but after musch research it seems that you cannot use toucan surf email with any other provider than talk talk and as you have now moved to internet from BT you will be unable to use your toucan surf email in outlook.

I have searched and it seems like there is no webmail for toucan surf any more either.

The best thing I can suggest is to contact talk talk and see if they could setup up an email forward to a new email address, that way you can still receive emails from your toucan surf account.

I am sorry I cannot help more.

Carl