carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

After recording a dvd disc on my Samsung DVD-SH893M the colour

After recording a dvd disc on my Samsung DVD-SH893M the colour on my Matsui 14R1 tv has disappeared. Any suggestions, please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Do you have colour on your tv if you call up the tv menu?

Customer:

I'm pretty sure it is an analogue set and so I cannot receive pictures through the antenna.

carlday1 :

Yeah I think it is too, do you have a menu button you could press and see if you have colour on the menu.

Customer:

The menu button produces some icons in yellow and green.

Customer:

I have answered your question. Please continue to try to solve the problem.

carlday1 :

Do the icons the menu produce look normal or do they look like they are missing a colour?

Is the signal from the dvd player just in black and white? When you call up the menu on the dvd player do you have any colour.

Customer:

Signal from dvd player and menu come up in black and white.

carlday1 :

Do you have another dvd player/sky box or freeview box you could try on the tv so we can eliminate the dvd player

Customer:

No, I don't.

carlday1 :

Ok please bear with me for a few minutes

carlday1 :

Does the tv have more than one scart lead or do you have another tv you could try the dvd player on

carlday1 :

Normally the loss of colour is down to a faulty scart lead but as you have changed it already I would like to make sure the dvd is ok. It could be a faulty scart socket on the tv.

Customer:

The tv has only one scart socket.I can move the dvd to another tv but it will take me a while to do so.

carlday1 :

if you could do that will be great I will be around and online most of the afternoon

Customer:

Connected to another tv the dvd menu comes up in colour. I've reconnected to Matsui tv and re-set up the dvd player.

Customer:

Colour is now back

carlday1 :

Thats good Maybe it was just a loose scart lead, I would try not to move the scart lead again incase it is the scart plug in the tv that is wearing out.

Customer:

Thanks for your help.