carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

nexus 7 cant sign in

nexus 7 cant sign in
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
Are you trying to login using a Gmail address. If you are I would suggest you check the account is working fine by logging into google on a computer.
I am unable to see your email as it is ****** out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl

My e-mail is working using my address which is *****@******.*** not gmail.com

I have been trying to use my Nexus as for searching which has been fine until today. It starts ok and then asks for a password, having already shown my name as gmail in an unchangeable form. I have tried several of the passwords which I employ. I am sorry if I use wrong terms or methods but computers have changed a lot since I retired in 1993.

I do not have this trouble on my desktop

George.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi George,
Have you ever used a password ***** the nexus, you can recover the nexus but this would involve a factory reset and you will lose all off your data and apps.
When you setup the nexus did you setup a gmail email for it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The nexus was purchased from Amazon on 2nd January 2014 and would not have been set up using a --gmail address. I have been using the bt address since E mails came in. IO do not understand the comment about my address being used for another person as surely this would direct his/her correspondence to my computer.

I have been very happy with the Nexus until now as I have been able to work out how the various functions work until now (with some help from younger friends)

George

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi George,
I am sorry but I feel the best way to recover the tablet is to factory reset it unfortunately you will lose any data/pictures/emails/apps stored on it. It will be the same as the day you brought it and will need setting up again.
A step by step guide is available here.
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en-GB