carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Had my prestige cb125 a couple of years. 2 days ago I was defrosting

Had my prestige cb125 a couple of years. 2 days ago I was defrosting something all was fine item not quite defrosted enough so put back on for further 5 mins as I pressed the go button it went pop and totally stopped working. Have changed fuse still not working. Any ideas please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question,

I am sorry but I feel that the microwave is likely to be beyond economical repair. The most likely things to have gone is whats called the magnetron or a high voltage capacitor. Both are replaceable but it by the time you have paid for the parts and labour It is likely to be more than a new microwave.

I am sorry it is not good news you might be able to ring around domestic appliance repairers near you and they may be able to give you an idea of repair and you can see if it is worth repairing.

If it is the magnetron they are around £50 for the part and the high voltage capacitor is around £20 for the part.

Customer: Thank you I suspected as much