carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi I have recently purchased a Panasonic TX-32AS500B TV with

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a Panasonic TX-32AS500B TV with SC-HTB680 soundbar
I have connected these via a HDMI cable - ( HDMI AV out Type ARC) on the soundbar to HDMI in (ARC) on the TV.
I have had this working fine but for some rerason I can no longer get sound brom the bar?
Mute is off
The bar works fine via blutooth from my phone.
Any sugestions?
Jules
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

HI Jules,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Is the HDMI cable to the sound bar connected to HDMI 2?

I would suggest that you check that the spdif output is set to pcm rather than auto

Here is a guide from panasonic

https://shop.panasonic.com/docs/how-to/2013/tv/2013_How_to_Change_the_Audio_Output_to_PCM.swf

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Yes it is in the HDMA 2 socket

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

I have followed the instuctions on the link but the option "Digital Audio Out Selection" is not there - most of the other oprios shown are there but that is not

Customer:

Sorry your set is a little different.

1. Display the menu with MENU.

2. Select Sound with / and press OK to access.

3. Select the following items SPDIF Selection

4. Set with the arrow keys and press OK to store.

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Ah - it was called SPIDF selection rather than Digital Audion Ourt selection - I have now selected PCM (Was on Auto) The soundbar is selected to "TV" and I'm trying to play a Youtube video (as I had been doing successfully before) - sound is only coming from the TV?

Customer:

Ok Could you check the connections to the sound bar and the tv to make sure they are fully in

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Done that

Customer:

Were the leads ok?

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

yes

Customer:

Could you turn the sound bar and the tv off for me

Customer:

Could you then turn the tv and the sound bar on using the tv remote and not the sound bar remote.

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Should the soundbar automatically turn on when the TV does then?

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

It isnt!

Customer:

Yes the soundbar should turn on with the tv that is probably why we have no sound.

Customer:

Could you go to the setup menu and Set VIERA Link to On

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Already done that and re-checked - it is showing as ON

Customer:

Could you check that the speaker control is set to home cinema

1. Display APPS List with APPS.
2. Select VIERA Link with / / / and press OK to access.
3. Select Speaker Selection with / and press OK to access.
4. Select Home Cinema / TV with / and press OK to set.
Home Cinema:

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

At this stage: 2. Select VIERA Link with / / / and press OK to access. It says : "Feature not avaliable"

Customer:

ok bear with me

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

FYI

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

In setup and the Vierra link section I have: Vierra link ON, Power on link ON, Power off link ON Standby power save OFF, Intelligent Auto standby OFF

Customer:

Thank you the sound worked fine for a bit from the tv and stopped?

Customer:

Do you have another hdmi lead you could try from the tv to the soundbar

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Yup - been playing stuff from TV out via the bar fine - then just stopped. I'll have to buy another lead - let me do that and then come back to you. Do I simply do that via this page? Like =ly to be a day or so....

Customer:

Yes if you come back to this page you should be able to reply to me.

You need to buy a good lead quality lead and if it states it is for arc that would be brillant

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Yup - this one cost £70 so should have been fine but I'll swapp it out and let you know - thanks for your help - relived I was not being dumb! Jules

Customer:

If that one was £70 it should be fine I cannot see why it is not working maybe the lead is faulty?

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Hi - me again!

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

I replaced the cable - no change so I swa[[ed the soundbar for a replacement - no change so it must be the TV - any further thoughts on that? Thanks Jules

Customer:

Hi Jules,

Thank you for trying a new lead and replacing the sound bar as we can eliminate them now. It must be a setting in the tv somewhere could you try and update the firmware in the tv?

1. Display the menu with MENU.

2. Select Setup > System Menu > System Update > System Update Search
Now with arrow keys and press OK to access.

3. Searches for an update (for several minutes) and displays a corresponding
message if any.

4. Download with OK.

JACUSTOMER-s3so2zea- :

Hi - Sorry - had to step away. Had done as asked and the current version (3.065) is up to date.

Customer:

Hi Jules,

Sorry I have had a couple of days away from computer. If the tv is up to date the problem must lie with a setting in the tv. I will write a list of all the things to check and I will send it to you later.