michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

How do I update my in car unit to 2014 maps, it is currently

How do I update my in car unit to 2014 maps, it is currently 2010 capable, unit was purchased 2nd hand.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

michelleclive :

what is the make and model number of the unit.

Customer:

The unit is in my car will have run out and get it, take a few minutes.

michelleclive :

no problem

michelleclive :

take your time

Customer:

ok

Customer:

model no. rb65900413004 only number on it.

michelleclive :

what is the brand name or the make

Customer:

Sorry, it is a tomtom

michelleclive :

Thank you for the info

michelleclive :

one more question

michelleclive :

can you dettach the tomtom from the car and connect it the computer using the usb cable

Customer:

yes I can

michelleclive :

by the time you bring it i will post you a map update link where you can download and update it

Customer:

thank you

michelleclive :

connect you tomtom to the computer usb port and make sure its powered on

Customer:

have done that

michelleclive :

click on the above link and download the latest map and update it

michelleclive :

check the video link

Customer:

ok

michelleclive :

let me know if you find any problem

Customer:

that video nt helpful need directions to correct page for download

michelleclive :

connect the device to the computer and turn it on

Customer:

thanks

michelleclive :

select the correct model or enter the serial number of the device and hit the find device button

michelleclive :

then you will see get updates button simply click on it and it will update it to the tomtom

Customer:

this is a useless site does not have uk on it, considering the hidden costs of this it might just be cheaper to go and buy a new unit

michelleclive :

it has a world map

michelleclive :

can you tell me the serial number of the tomtom

michelleclive :

let me search it for you.

Customer:

put that in, map choices are for anywhere but the uk this is most probably a yank based ite also redflecting charges that are more than a new device

michelleclive :

let me check

michelleclive :

did you select the correct model number for the tomtom

michelleclive :

can you tell me the model please

Customer:

yes

michelleclive :

what did you select from the model in the drop down list

michelleclive :

United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland is there in the map but its paid

michelleclive :

1 year Map Update Service £39.95

Customer:

I typed in the serial no from the device, it states that it is uk but options were for Australia any part of europeand Africa, think I am wsting my time, be cheaper to buy a new model and dump the old one, no reflection on your service but most of these sites are just trying to make a fast buck.

michelleclive :

can you give me the serial number of the tomtom

michelleclive :

you know what i would suggest

Customer:

it is rb65900413004

michelleclive :

This serial number is ***** accepted by the find device search box

michelleclive :

its only allowing rb

michelleclive :

you know what

michelleclive :

instead of spending money on support and getting maps purchased i would suggest you to go for the latest model which is

michelleclive :

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/drive/car/products/index.html

michelleclive :

GO 6000 with latest technology and free maps download.

Customer:

My thoughts as well, thank you for trying to help, I bought this already used so I might as well get the newest version, it will be the better option.

michelleclive :

i want to be real honest with my answer the 2010 technology if far behind than the current one we have if we want to continue with old hardware with new updates then obviously they will charge so i gave you both the options

michelleclive :

Its your choice to select

michelleclive :

let me know if there is anything else i may assist you with.

Customer:

I am going to buy a new unit, thanks for your time.

michelleclive :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if you have any question feel free to ask

michelleclive :

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.