michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a vivitar vivicam S128 when I insert an sd card I get

Customer Question

I have a vivitar vivicam S128 when I insert an sd card I get a message saying card protected I've unlock it then reinstated sd card and it says the same
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Customer:

remove the sd card from the camera slot

Customer:

you will see a slider switch on the sd card it must be on the locked position all you have to do is slide to to the other side.

Customer:

let me know how it goes.

JACUSTOMER-d2dwbjee- :

Done what you suggested then reinstated in vivitar vivicam and still got the same message

Customer:

To identify the problem is with the sd card or the camera you will have to borrow an sd card from someone and try if the error persist with a different card then it the camera which has a problem with its sdcard slot sensor and that will require a repair.

Customer:

and if the other card works fine that means your existing sd card is bad and its time to replace.

Customer:

let me know if you have any question.

JACUSTOMER-d2dwbjee- :

Tried another sd card and it says the same message

Customer:

as i said its very easy to identify, its the camera slot which has a sd card sensor need a repair.

Customer:

if the camera is under warranty you can take the camera to the service center and get it fixed for free.

Customer:

let me know if you have any question for me.