Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have DVD disc locked in my Panasonic player, how can I release

Customer Question

I have DVD disc locked in my Panasonic player, how can I release it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of DVD player in question?
- Does player show Locked on display when push eject/open button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hdmidv3
Player does not show "locked".
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, I need to go offline for few hours so let me open the question to others on website to have a look and hopefully some one will respond soon to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rashid, sorry! But I have given you the wrong make of player, it's a toshiba hdmi hd3
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Shaid is offline, so I'll assist from here.
Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)
There are a few things you can try:
First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.
If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.
If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.
If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.