carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Acer TABLET B1-720. how can I display it on TV?Android 4.2

Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I'll continue to wait... Robert

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
What would you like to display on the tv?
If you would like to stream netflix or similar this would be possible using a google chromecast and your android tablet you would also be able to stream your movies stored on the tablet.
http://www.google.co.uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/offers/
I do not know of any way in which you could use the tv as a monitor and display your android screen on your tv. Google chromecast does support mirroring but I dont think it supports your device.
I hope this helps
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your answer 2jan 19.42

thanks Carl. Yes, I had been thinking of the TV as a monitor of tablet activity. And I'll look into Chromecast...

For me, not so much movies etc but local history: maps, old street-views, the city in times past... To display on a large screen(tv) would be great.

Do you think I might have any success with microUSB + adaptor+ physical HDMI link to TV?

Last one: could Roku box do anything here?

thanks Robert

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI Robert,
A Roku box may be the way to go they have released a beta firmware that allows screen mirroring, The only problem I could see is that it is only a beta software and Roku may decide to pull the idea. Roku is more expensive than Chromecast but it looks like it will do what you want after a firmware upgrade.
It is only available Roku 3 and Roku streaming stick.
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio/digital-media-players/digital-media-players/roku-3-media-streamer-21746514-pdt.html
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio/digital-media-players/digital-media-players/roku-3500eu-streaming-stick-22067491-pdt.html
I hope this helps.
Carl
carlday1, Engineer
Experience: Self Employed Electronic Engineer