Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Greetings!. I have a Sony KDL 24EX320 previously recd TV via

Greetings!. I have a Sony KDL 24EX320 previously recd TV via VirginMedia. Since I no longer subscribe, I wish to watch TV on Freeview but the set does not find a signal from a communal TV aerial. My other set, a Panasonic, does receive a good signal for Freeview. Connecting the Sony to the same outlet as used by Panasonic, the Sony reports "No signal". Any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to run auto channel/ auto program option in TV menu to scan available channels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, the TV shows a message saying "no signal" and, while I have tried to enter TVsettings, I am denied any opportunity to scan for stations.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please press Input button (top left) on TV remote and select TV as source then go to TV menu and check Settings for channel option and select auto channel/ program (verbiage could be different) to run it so TV can scan available channels signal and store it in memory.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am pressing Input button. When I hit the TV button I am directed to a screen headed "BBC1" "no information" "No signal". I am not offered an opportunity to scan and do not see a button on the remote which might allow entry to a scan menu.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Paul,
Press Home button on TV remote the go to settings (tool box icon) then select Digital Auto Tuning or Auto Tuning Range option to run it, it will scan available channels and save it in TV memory.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pressing home produces a Digital TV box which, when I click on it, gives me a list of station numbers. 001 is marked BBC ONE. There are no other option given in making this selection. If I do select the 001 BBC ONE line, I return to the original screen marked " No signal".
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
This is odd, pressing Home button on remote should give menu option screen on right side of screen.
lets try to reset the TV to restore default settings which will give initial setup screen where you can run channel scan as well..
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's done it! Thank you. Happy new year!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Paul, glad to know that problem is resolved, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Happy new year!
Regards,
Shahid.