carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a new Panasonic TZ55 camera, bought jut before xmas.

Customer Question

I have a new Panasonic TZ55 camera, bought jut before xmas. and the lens will not retract or focus is it covered under guarantee?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I am sorry to hear the camera has failed so soon. The camera lens will be covered under guarantee.I would suggest you take it back to the purchase place as soon as possible as they may just swap they camera and you will not need to send it away for repair.

I normally send this to people with camera faults you could try some of the ideas but I would suggest just taking the camera back.

Many Camera faults are caused by dust and grit getting into the lens workings and stopping it coming out or stopping sensors working out where the lens is.

Sometimes tapping the camera into your hand when turning the camera on or off can help with freeing stuck lenses.

If you have access to some air in a can or air compressor you could try gently blowing some air around the lens to see if that will help, also brushing around the lens with a small brush might help free any dust.

There is some good information here on camera repair.

http://camerarepair.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html