Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a brand new 24" samsung smart LED TV (I think it was

I have a brand new 24" samsung smart LED TV (I think it was bought on Black Friday, yet only been used since Christmas), and now whenever I turn the TV on, The screen just sits on a very dark grey... The remote does nothing, nor does the control joystick on the back of the TV. But I just turned my Playstation on and that is providing sound through the TV. Any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of TV in question?
- - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think the model number is *****

And I have had the TV turned off at the wall for a couple of hours to see if that works (only turned off, not unplugged), and nothing happened.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, any display/ graphics appear on TV screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, none at all. The screen is just black, with a backlight. I tried using the remote (and the control joystick on the back of the tv), but nothing's coming up, volume, source input, menu, nothing.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Matt,
Unfortunately it seems video processor chip failure in this TV and entire main board will need to be replaced which will help to resolve the problem.
Since TV is brand new so I would recommend to return it to store and ask for replacement TV because there is no other option except to swap main board in TV which needs to take off back cover of TV and it will void TV warranty if you try it yourself.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thank you for your time