carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a cannon SX50. My eyesight is not brilliant. Can I connect

I have a cannon SX50. My eyesight is not brilliant. Can I connect the camera to a tablet so that I can use the tablet as a larger pre-shot image (i.e. seeing live images before taking the picture)?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
I am afraid but I don't think it will be possible on a tablet but if you could send me the make and model of your tablet I will confirm either way for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tablet is an Acer Iconia W3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I plugged my old digital camera into the TV, the first image that came up on screen was the current "live" image being seen through the camera view screen. It was only when I pressed the "view images" button on the camera that it changed to photos taken. Likewise, the camera plugged into my computer for SKYPE, transfers the live image to my PC screen. Is it just that I need an app?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the micro usb to normal usb adapter? If you do and you are able to connect your camera to the android tablet. I would suggest you try this app as it may work and allow you to see live images from your camera.
DSLR Controller
It states it is for the canon eos range so I dont know if it would work with a powershot camera but I may be worth a try.
This app Canon CameraWindow will allow you to transfer pics to the table but I don't think it supports live viewing.