michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My Epson printer a PX730WD has stopped working and it tells

Customer Question

My Epson printer a PX730WD has stopped working and it tells me that i need to contact Epson Service to get it fixed, do you know of another way to fix the printer which will not now work? I tells me that the ink pad is at the end of its life.
Laurie
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

please let me know what is the exact error message or code you get

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

A printer's ink pad is at the end of its service life. Please contact Epson Support. is the message i have showing on the printer,

Customer:

ok

Customer:

how old is this printer and how frequently is it used for printing...rarely or often

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

Most days i use it for printing labels and documents.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

this error message actually indicates that the ink pads are full and need to be changed...ink pads collect the excess ink used during printing and routine cleaning procedures

Customer:

when the pads get full , they need to be replaced to avoid ink spillage within the printer

Customer:

is this the first time you have got themessage

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

Yes

Customer:

ok whatversion of windows are you using on your computer

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

Windows 7

Customer:

ok

Customer:

by any chance have you tried the ink counter rest utility

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

No i do not know how to do this

Customer:

ok i will help you with it

Customer:

before i share the link i would like you to know that you can reopen this chat from just answer email by clicking on view answer

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

OK

Customer:

you need to open the below link

Customer:

http://tinyurl.com/6cow8

Customer:

type that link in the address bar of your browser

Customer:

it will download file..just run the file

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- :

OK i will do this, do i have to leave the contact or not?

Customer:

you can minimise this chat

Customer:

once you have run the utility you need to restart computer once

Customer:

after that need to try printing

Customer:

let me know the status once done

Customer:

let me know if you were able to print or still get the same error

JACUSTOMER-nzb9dfeb- : The software you recomended does not work and i have taken the printer to the shop where i bought it. They are fxing it for £29.95. That is why i gave a bad message to you, sorry, but if it worked then i would be delighted to give you a good one.
Customer:

I see you have rated me negatively. as i had informed in the very beginning of our chat that this error is due to ink pads getting full and would need to replaced.

Customer:

The utility is gave was just an intermediate step to try in case its able to reset the counter

Customer:

I hope you understand that in case of a hardware fault i can only provide intermediate steps to reset counters but cannot make a bad part work again

Customer:

i would appreciate if you would consider re-rating my service as the steps i gave were just an attempt to avoid the service costs as i had initially informed you that this issue required ink pads to be replaced

Customer:

thanks for choosing just answer