Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a Google Nexus 7 2013. My Wi-Fi signal is strong, however

I have a Google Nexus 7 2013. My Wi-Fi signal is strong, however I can't get the tablet to connect to it. Something happened to it around Christmas. Now it will not accept the correct password ***** currently 'Authentication problem' is displayed. I can't try an alternative password ***** a password ***** does not appear.
***** *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question Robert.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
To be able to enter the new/alternative password, on your Tab open the wifi list of available networks (Settings > Wi-Fi).
Find your network on the list. Press and hold it until you get pop-up screen and select "Forget network". When done, reboot your Tab (turn it off and on). Open the wifi list and select your network (it will ask for wifi password).
If that doesn't help, please try the next troubleshooting step.
1. Disconnect the power cable from the wireless router (turn the router off)
2. On your Tab - Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.
4. When Tab reboot, turn on your router and wait 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, try to connect your Tab to wifi.
Please try both solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think the problem may be that I'm using the wrong password. At the moment I'm going through some of the passwords I've accumulated. Is there anyway of retrieving the password ***** the tablet?

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your reply.
There is no way to retrieve password ***** the Tab, but there is an option to find it on your computer.
Do you have any computer that is currently connected through Wifi?
If yes, what is the operating system on your computer (XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc.)
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have a PC on that's connected to Wi-FI. It has Windows 7

Thank you for additional information Robert.
Please follow the steps below to find your wi-fi password ***** your computer:
1. Click the wifi strength indicator on the taskbar at the bottom right corner of your computer.

2. Right-click on your wifi network name, and select "Properties".

3. Select "Show characters" to display the wifi network password.

When done, try to connect your Tab using new wifi password.
To find wifi password ***** your computer you can use one more procedure.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click on Manage wireless networks on the left pane.
3. A list of wireless networks will be shown. Click to highlight on your wireless network connection. Right click on it and select Properties.
4. Click on Security tab.
5. The network security key for the wireless network is hidden by asterisk by default. Check "Show characters" to see your wifi password.
Please try both solutions and let me know the result. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd