Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

Philips lcd 47pfl3403/98 switches itself on from standby and

Philips lcd 47pfl3403/98 switches itself on from standby and changes inputs independently also bringing up menu is it worth repairing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks question. I'm Dan.

If you have eliminated the remote then there are only 2 possibilities.... the TV's own keypad, or the main board.

To determine which it is, you'll need to go inside the TV and disconnect the keypad. This is the critical test.

Is this something you're interested in doing yourself? If it is, then yes the TV is absolutely worth repairing. If you don't want to do this yourself and would need to hire an engineer, then repairing the TV would be cost prohibitive.

Let me know if you need more info.

Dan