Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

my iphone C5, that I received last week indicates "No Service".

my iphone C5, that I received last week indicates "No Service". What do I have to do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
iPhone is essentially a small computer, sometimes can be frozen or unresponsive and keep you from using the phone. The first solution for this kind of issue will be to reset your phone (this procedure will not delete data from your phone).
Please follow the steps below to reset your phone:
A. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 25 seconds (until the Apple logo appears).

Please try this procedure at least 3 times.
B. If that doesn't help, please perform procedure below:
Remove and clean SIM card from your phone. One of the best ways to clean your SIM contacts is to use a pencil eraser or rubber. Simply lay the SIM flat on a desk and gently rub the gold colored SIM contacts with the rubber. Then blow off the bits of rubber and finally wipe with a dry piece of kitchen towel. When done, reset your phone, press and hold Power and Home button for exactly 25 seconds.
C. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
D. Be sure that latest update is installed on your phone. Open Settings > General > Software Update > if available update your phone.
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Todd,

I have tried all the steps: A,B,C and D that you suggested but still "No Service".

Regards, Harold.

Hi Harold,
Thank you for your reply.
If there is no issue with your SIM card provider (paid bills, contact issue, locked to network etc.), the next troubleshooting step will be to restore your phone.
1. Download and install iTunes on your computer. Check the link below to donwload iTunes - click here
2. Plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac with the USB cable (SIM card needs to be inserted).
3. Press and hold the power button at the top and then slide to power off the iPhone
4. Press the power button to power the iPhone on and keep it held while simultaneously pressing the home button
After a few seconds a yellow alert triangle will appear and the iPhone will say it is iPhone Restore Mode.
5. Open up iTunes and click on the Summary tab
6. Click on Restore to restore your iPhone. This will reset all your iPhone's setting to the factory defaults.
If you don't have backup created here is a procedure how to create it.
1. Download and install iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect phone to computer via USB cable
3. Select your iOS device in iTunes under Devices
4. Right-click (or Control-click) the device and select Back Up
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Todd,

I'm sorry for the delay in replying but I am under some pressure in other ways.

I have worked through all your suggestions to no avail. With the iphone connected to the computer an with itunes installed the message on the iphone is "cannot connect to itunes".

As this is a new replacement delivered in the past two weeks I am inclined to contact Fonehouse and ask for a serviceable replacement.

Regards, Harold.

Hello Harold,
Thank you for your reply.
If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your phone is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, restoring). Unfortunately there is an issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.
Good news is that your phone is still under warranty. You will have to contact your seller/provider (Fonehouse) in order to receive a new phone.
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is an issue that can't be resolved online.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.
If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.
Thanks for using our service.
Best Regards,
Todd