TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

Bugger, typed my question then lost it!!We have 3 Samsung

Customer Question

Bugger, typed my question then lost it!!
We have 3 Samsung Smart TVs, all purchased within the last 2 years. ITV Player worked perfectly until a couple of months ago, now the screen is different and looks as though it's stuck, can't see the bar showing the different channels so can't choose programmes to watch - a real pain so just don't trying any more!
We have always liked Samsung TVs and have 8, we are looking to purchase another but unless this problem is resolved it definitely won't be a Samsung.
Jennifer
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

They update WHEN ITV sends the updates...Samsung just delivers the standards that the providers need to meet to display on their TV sets.

So, it's ITVs software that's not working. Factory reset is what is needed to clear out OLD software and download NEW software.

To get to it, you can look in your menu and try the initialize setting. That should clear all defective downloads.

This is a known factory reset, but I'm not sure it is UK --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHO1CReFOLU

Let's see if that clears your bad software download, respond back afterwards.

ALSO it would help if you delivered your TV model number(s) if you don't succeed with the factory reset. I had to guess they were 2012 TV models.