Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

in a c-p7u cassette adapter vhs tape why is the red triangle

in a c-p7u cassette adapter vhs tape why is the red triangle out the side preventing me from inserting my tape in my vhs player. the mini tape is inserted into the unit.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- When you put C-VHS tape in adapter, does it load the tape internally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it goes into the adapter

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
C-VHS tapeg goes into adapter then adapter should load the tape and you will hear motor and gear sound when shut the door of adapter.
Does it happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no motor or gear sound. i presume it need power, but how?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, it needs power to run the mechanism inside, please slide a cover up to remove it located on left side above the red triangle and take out the battery, put fresh AA battery and put the cover on it, now insert the C-VHS tape into adapter and check.
Does it load the tape and red triangle goes inside adapter so the adapter can go into VHS player?
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks thats done it

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent, glad to know that problem is resolved, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.