*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

ipad 2 is locked, forgotten passcode. Unable to restore as

Customer Question

ipad 2 is locked, forgotten passcode. Unable to restore as 'Find my ipad' needs to be disabled first. cannot disable a sforgotten passcode
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
You will have to reset the Apple ID password. That is the only option to get the iPad working again. Then turn off the find my ipad in iCloud. Then restore via iTunes.
>PLEASE CLICK HERE TO RESET THE PASSWORD<
Let me know if you have any problems.
*
*
*
*
*
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How and where do I reset the Apple ID password?

Then how do I access icloud to disable 'find my ipad'?

Ray

>PLEASE CLICK HERE TO RESET THE APPLE ID PASSWORD<
Then go this to link for iCloud>PLEASE CLICK HERE<
  1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

2. Click All Devices, then select the device.

3. Click Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.

Note: If you’re trying to erase a family member’s device, that person will need to enter his or her Apple ID password ***** this device.

If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You’ll receive an email when the device is erased.

did that work for you?