Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

, I am using a Samsung S5 and the screen turned dark to

Customer Question

,
I am using a Samsung S5 and the screen turned dark to the extent that I can't see anything and therefore can't even go to settings. What should I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging ). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
This problem sounds like a hardware issue (defective screen), but sometimes the same issue can be caused by glitch in the software. If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your phone - soft reset:
1. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
2. Wait 5 minutes
3. Replace SIM card and battery
4. Press and hold Power button and Volume UP button at the same time 35 seconds.
If that doesn't help please perform force reset procedure:
1. Remove and replace battery. Plug the phone into the charger minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power button seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes phone to reboot.
Another solutions kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable (cable that you use to connect your phone and computer) to computer (do not connect your phone).
2. On your phone, hold the Power button seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the phone.
4. Leave the phone minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button 45 seconds).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next troubleshooting step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Shlomo,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Please let me know. I will be happy to help with questions.
Regards,
Todd