*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I want to transfer a load of VHS tapes to DVD using a Scart

I want to transfer a load of VHS tapes to DVD using a Scart lead. The DMR-EX86EB-K DVD Recorder has two Scart sockets. Is one of them suitable for connecting to a VHS player so I can copy my tapes ?. If not ,do you make a DVD recorder that can do this Thank you

Finally, if you don't make a model that can do this - who does? - make and model

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
Yes. You will need to connect your video recorder (VCR) to the recorder with a SCART cable. This should connect into the AV2 connection on the recorder. Put the recorder onto channel "A2" for recording (using the 'Input Select' button on the recorder remote control).

You will then need to set the recording mode (XP,SP,LP,EP etc) by using the 'Rec mode' button on the recorder remote control. If you are recording to the HDD press the 'drive select' button on your remote control until you see HDD on the display of your recorder. If you are recording to disc then press the 'drive select' button until you see DVD on the display of your recorder. Once you have made your selections please start playback on the VCR and press 'REC' on your recorder and the tape will start copying over.

PLEASE NOTE: The copying process will be in realtime so if the tape is 2hrs long it will take 2hrs to copy of disc or HDD.
.
.
.
.
.
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
.
.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK so I think I can follow this. On the basis that I will be able to copy VHS tapes I will purchase the DVD recorder and will let you know in due course.

sounds good!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!