Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My olympus RS-28 footpedal was working on my laptop with windows

Customer Question

My olympus RS-28 footpedal was working on my laptop with windows 8 and after refreshing my PC, I have lost connection and don't know how to get it back. I have installed it but keep getting message that my browser will not accept it and activex won't work, whatever that means. Help! I cannot do any online transcription
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with foot pedal.
It seems driver issue in computer which isn't compatible with foot pedal, please check following link to download troubleshooting guide about the foot pedal and related driver file name info which hopefully help you to reinstall correct driver so it can work...
http://www.dictation.co.nz/webfiles/Dictation/files/Foot_Control_Not_Working.pdf
I do not have Windows 8 operating system in my computer so would be unable to assist you for driver installation in Windows 8 PC. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work and if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not rate the answer at all and leave it as it is and reply back with the result.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
403-forbidden access to that page. It says I don't have the permission using credentials I supplied
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Above link is working at my computer, however, let me upload the file at another file sharing site and will give you download link in few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Jenny,
Please check following 'mediafire.com' link where I have uploaded pdf file 'Foot_Control_Not_Working'...
https://www.mediafire.com/?b0f0nei41zn8036
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** works
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Jenny.
Wish you good luck!
Shahid.