Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

there I received my 55inch Samsung 3d 4k hu7500 last Thursday

there I received my 55inch Samsung 3d 4k hu7500 last Thursday and set it up on my wall on the Friday evening. It has been there ever since. past week ive been using my sky+ hd box which is working fine, I also have a wd my passport 2tb portable hard drive which is pretty full of movie downloads that has been connected to the tv all week too and was working fine till yesterday I watched a movie on it. I then tried to watch another afterwards and everytime I tried accessing a movie file it kept coming up with the message request cannot be completed you will be returned to the main screen. I checked that the the software is up to date and it says it is plus ive tried the hard drive in my laptop and works fine on that and it works perfectly fine on my old tv which is a Samsung 42inch plasma. have you heard of this problem before?? and if so can you tell me how to fix it please??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the complete model number off of Samsung TV in question?
- Have you tried another USB port on TV to hook portable HDD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a UE55HU7500. I tried the other ports too it has three all together the one ive been using is USB 3.0 (HDD 5v1A) and my portable hard drive has USB 3.0 capability

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I understand, can you please try different USB port on TV?
Also, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the switching off mins seemed to work thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent, glad to know that problem is resolved, unplugging the TV minutes did reset the TV firmware and USB port again start to work, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.