TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

My Samsung htc5500d takes up to 20 mins to play a blue ray

My Samsung htc5500d takes up to 20 mins to play a blue ray disc .
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.
Sometimes the unit will acquire too much BD data from the DVDs you play, and that creates a file slowing the loading of DVDs...you have to clear it out. Have you reset the unit??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do you do that ?

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Power up the unit, remove any DVD disc you have in the unit. Press and HOLD the STOP button on the unit (not the remote) seconds.
This clears the memory, but also resets the unit to factory new - out of the box condition. That means you have to start over and set the unit up the way you like it set up. So you may want to note your video and audio output settings before you do this. Video and Audio OUT settings should be noted, and if you use the internet/network settings to get online, you'll have to remember any user names and passwords to gain access to your specific accounts and set up the network connection to your modem.
Now the reason your DVD player is so slow is because your BD-LIVE setting is active on your DVD player, and BD-LIVE information has stored itself on your DVD player. It also remembers when you've played half a disc too. That memory gets filled more and more until it slows down the playback of DVDs. Best to not use BD-LIVE, turn it off if you can.