KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

I have a plasma series 4 TV The standby light is on & when

I have a plasma series 4 TV The standby light is on & when the remote is used to switch on the TV the standby light goes out & there is the usual click sound.However after a few seconds instead of the TV coming on the red light flashes &returns to standby. It is the same when using the on/off switch on the TV
I have tried re-booting but no change Suggestions please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

please tell me its complete model number and the age of this TV ?

Customer:

Customer:

Customer:

the model number is ***** Serial number b2ro34pba066638 version 2 the tv is approx4/5 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks ...how many times does the red light flash ? Is it continuous flashing or it will flash in a sequence ..

Customer:

seems to be in a sequence

Customer:

the flashing seems to be in sequence

KevinWhiteJA :

OK , how many times does it flash ?

Customer:

seems to vary its a morse code kind of effect Just tried again 4 flashes & clicks like its trying to start.Last time more of the morse code flashing but only the one click

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, please unplug the unit...after 4-5 minutes plug it back and simultaneously press and hold the on/off button on the TV...now if you see them flashing please count and tell me how many times does it flash

Customer:

we have had 5 rapid flashes,it then has slowed to a continuous intermittent sequence like 123 123 123 & is still doing so but I have released the on/off switch now

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, are you willing to repair this yourself ? 5 flashes indicate a problem with the main board that might replacement

Customer:

not something I would be confident to do Is it an expensive fix or cheaper to write the TV off ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Usually it is either the Y main or X main... depending on the part that is bad it will cost around £110 including parts...you can contact Samsung or a local repair shop to get repair quote

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks