Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

my 3 yr old samsung le 40" tv has got 8 white lines across

my 3 yr old samsung le 40" tv has got 8 white lines across the top of the screen and the although the picture is good its jumping up down and sideways
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Samsung TV?
- Do the lines appear on all video input sources?
- Is the TV own menu screen also affected with these lines if press menu button on TV or its remote?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model no le 40d 580k2k made in hungary the lines and jumping appear on menu and allsources

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks info.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no its the same idont leave on standby iturn electric off every night

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Kevin info.
This kind of problem almost always occurs due to internal circuitry failure of display panel (the screen) and entire screen will need to be replaced in TV to resolve the problem but it would cost around new TV price of same size because replacement screen is costly part of TV, at this point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this TV's repair.
I wish I had better news about this TV, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks shahid not what i wanted at least i know not to spend more money kevin

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry Kevin about the TV issue and a new TV would be better choice at this point. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Wish you good luck!
Shahid.