*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

my PS4 shows no picture when connected via HDMI , I have sound

Customer Question

my PS4 shows no picture when connected via HDMI , I have sound but no pic, can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
,
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try this first please.
Power off the Ps4,
Then make sure that your tv input is set to the same number as the hdmi port that you have the ps4 connected to. Then press and hold the power button on the ps4 seconds. That should get the image on the screen. Then you can adjust your settings correct output on the ps4 menu.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

,

I'm afraid that han't worked, i still have a blank screen

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The answer given was not a solution, it looked as if he googled it. Anyway, I tried it and it failed to work and now he is taking a long time to reply so I'd like to open it up please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Okay, that usually indicates a bad hdmi cable. Do you have another cable that you can try?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a brand new HDMI cable , I'll buy another tomorrow and try it

Is the ps4 new or has it been working with this tv?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it worked before, i just moved and suddenly it wont work, there is sound but no picture and ive bought a brand new cable

okay, this may be an hardware issue with the ps4. Holding the power button seconds should have put the ps4 in safe mode. Try unplugging the power minute, then hold the power button seconds with the power unplugged. Then plug it back in and hold the power button seconds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, ***** ***** didnt seem to work, now the screen is flashing blue every four seconds....i can still hear the pS4 menu music but no picture..

okay, that sounds like a signal quality issue. When the ps4 sends the signal tv to recognize it will flash blue if there is a problem. Make sure that the cable you are using supports the HDMI v1.4 standard. If you leave it connected -30 minutes while it is flashing it willl probably show the ps4 screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

lol now its showing white noise and flashing...

i found this ..

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Blue_Light_Problem

okay, that could be a firmware issue. I would rather think that the cable or hdmi port on the ps4 is causing it. The best option will be to try it on a different tv, then try a different cable. The ps4 has an internal hardrive that could be corrupted if it has been dropped or jarred while you were moving it around.
  • Try this please, turn off the ps4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  • Once the ps4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
  • Then connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
  • Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've tried that endlessly, it doesnt work..

Okay, unfortunately this sounds like the hardware on the ps4 has failed.