Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Shahid - I have a Samsung ue32f5500ak Smart LED TV and it

Shahid - I have a Samsung ue32f5500ak Smart LED TV and it is just over 12 months old. When I switch it on , the Samsung logo and normal home screen no longer appears. There is no picture but I do have sound and can change channels. It seems to be the video driver. Is this a common issue and if so - any suggestions ? Chris
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Chris, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does the screen show any light/ glow of backlight when turn On the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. It has the back light

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks info.
There are few possible things in TV that can cause such problem, either T-Con board isn't working reason like not getting working volts to function or not processing video data coming from main board through LVDS cable or the LVDS cable isn't plugged securely on T-Con board or the main board of TV.
Since you get program sound in TV but picture is missing then need to replug LVDS cable and if it doesn't help then swap the T-Con board to see if it helps to resolve the problem.
T-Con board would be located under some shield at top/lower center of rear of panel, please note that replacemenr t-con board must have same part number/ version number as of old one and different t-con board will not work.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shahid - can yu explain why replugging the LVDS cable might fix the problem if it is not disconnected in the first place. Does re-plugging it have the same affect as rebooting the PC ?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Chris,
Replugging of LVDS cable will refresh the contacts and will help if video data is blocked due to any bad contact between LVDS cable and either boards.