Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

My tv was working ok (panasonic as802b 47in) i have connected

Customer Question

My tv was working ok (panasonic as802b 47in) i have connected my pc to view a 3d film, it was working on the tv but within next couple of min the screen become black and red power light start blinking. i have tried disconnect tv and switch it on again but as soom as turn it on it shows main screen and in one sec turns off. What to do?
Regards.sandra
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site, Sandra. I'm Dan.

The model number you posted isn't coming up . Can you take another look? Also, how many times does that red light blink in between each long pause? There should be a pattern to it...

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model tx-47as802b panasonic

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Also, how many times does that red light blink in between each long pause? There should be a pattern to it...

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is blinking all the time. When i turn it on its green light,later its swiches on,shows template PANASONIC,shows main page and automatycally and turns off straight away and red light keep blinking till i havent unplug the power block form socket.and also remote control doesnt work at all now

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Count the blinks. It should blink a certain number of times, then pause briefly, then blink again the same number of times...

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. It Its blinked 34 times withbnpauses of 3 sec between each blink.and it keep blinking all the time like that. Maybe there is any way to restart it?

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Sure, we can try restarting it. Disconnect everything from the back of the TV... power cord, computer cable, etc. Let the TV sit minutes... then re-connect only the power cord.

Press the power button one time.

Does anything change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. Its stiil the same situation

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
And the only cord you have going into the back of the TV is the power cord, right?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.only power cord

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
OK, in that case we're looking at an internal issue. We would need to go inside the TV to make repairs. Is that something you want to do? Or do you need a diagnosis and cost on repair?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about diagnosis? And are u repairing them here in UK? And what about the price and also in my opinion is the soft problem.well i bought this tv for £400 so if the repait costs 200 or more its doent worth it...

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
,

Yes, there are repair shops in the UK that are authorized to work on this model. You can expect £25 to have the TV examined, and that would be put toward the final repair bill, should you decide to let them repair it.

I do not think this is a soft problem. In fact, we mostly eliminated that possibility by disconnecting everything but the power cord and seeing that the problem continued. Rather, I suspect we are dealing with a defective or damaged main board inside the TV.

That being said, I'm not sure having the TV repaired will be cost effective. Even with the modest evaluation fee, you would probably end up seeing a £150 repair bill full issue, and you can purchase a brand new TV of this size £250 nowadays.

It may simply be a better financial decision to replace the TV in its entirety, as opposed to having it repaired. I do suggest, though, that you have the TV evaluated by a local engineer that can give you a full work up of the problem.

I hope that answers your question! If not, just let me know. Also, please take a second to rate the service I provided today, as that is the only way I receive credit questions here. I hope I was excellent, even if the news was not! Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well that sounds terrible.i was awaiting more detail answer and was thinking that for £30 which i have paid to u min I will get a help but not all same info and instructions which I have done before i contact expert.thanks help and my wasted money. Well u need get more strongest engeneer skills.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
,

No need to get snotty. If you're unhappy, there are far more appropriate ways to say it than to insult.

Best of luck with the TV, Sandra. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else.

Dan