Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have purchased a sound base type SC-HTE80 to connect to my

I have purchased a sound base type SC-HTE80 to connect to my television type 26 LXD60. I have coonnected using an HDMI cable. No sound comes through.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Your 26LXD60 TV it bit old -HTE80 sound system as TV doesn't have feature calls ARC (audio return channel) connection to get TV sound in SC-HTE80 speakers.
Please check the TV Optical Audio Out port as I do not see it in related manual, if TV does have such port then you can connect it to SC-HTE80 through Optical Audio Cable and if TV doesn't have optical audio Out port then only option is to get scart to AV (in-out) RCA cable to connect the scart jack at AV-1 or AV-2 socket at back of TV and plug the RCA audio pins in AUX input of SC-HTE80 system to get TV sound.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.