Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

, I have a Panasonic NV-GS37EB camcorder. I am trying to

Customer Question

,
I have a Panasonic NV-GS37EB camcorder. I am trying to connect it to my new Windows 8 PC with the USB cable that came with the camcorder but the PC does not recognise my camcorder. I have tried changing USB port, USB cable etc, but no luck.
Can you please help.
Suniti Chakrabarti
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does your old computer still recongnise the camera?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No idea. I have disposed of the old computer.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Its OK Suniti Chakrabarti, there are two possible things here, either camera USB port isn't working properly OR this camera is too old 8 PC as it was made to use with up to Windows XP PC.
If you get a chance to connect the camera to any PC/laptop that still have Windows XP or older system to check the USB port and if found OK then this camcorder will not work with Windows 8 PC because of difference of technology.
And if camera USB port found defective then it needs to be repaired/ board replacement etc and it would cost more money than camera worth if required part/board is still available with Panasonic Parts in area as camera is bit old model so at either point you would be better with a new camera instead of spending money and time on this old one.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Shahid,

One supplementary question please. When I connect the camcorder to a usb hub, the usb port in the hub lights up. Does that not definitely mean that the usb port in the camera is still working?

I am a bit worried as I don't wish to spend another £150 new camera.

Thanks,

Sunit

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Dear Sunit,
It seems USB port on camera is working and issue is mismatch of computer and camera as Windows 8 system running in computer isn't recognizing the camera device and possible reason is missing USB driver in Windows 8 camera.
As I explained this camera is bit old model (may be year 2005 or so) and Windows 8 is quite new system, I have seen many cameras became obsolete with Windows 7 system, in other words if you wish to keep using this camera you should have Windows XP computer.
I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Shahid,

Many thanks comprehensive answer.

Best wishes,

Suniti

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Suniti.
Shahid.