*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

wheni switch on my tv it starts in "vcr" how do i get it to

Customer Question

wheni switch on my tv it starts in "vcr" how do i get it to start in hdmi mode please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try this first please. Disconnect the vcr, then unplug the tv power cord for 5 minutes. Then plug the tv power cord back in. Leave the vcr disconnected and power on the tv. If it starts in hdmi, power off and back on a few times before reconnecting the vcr and see if it continues to start in hdmi. Let me know the brand/model of your tv if this Ford not with please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no this didnt work sorry ....its a panasonic 50" plasma tv

okay, try this next please.Go to your tv Menu / Other Settings / Power on Preference/change to hdmi.

If av and tuner are the only choices, then In the setup menu, change the default TV start option to "AV".
When the TV is then switched on it will then show the HDMI1input, not the tuner input as long as the HDMI source is switched on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have heard of this "other settings" before but cannot find them...when i open menu i only get - picture menu -sound menu - and setup menu....the set up menu doesnt contain "other settings " !!!!!

Okay, try this. There is a hidden men called hotel mode that had these settings.
To Select Hotel Mode
Go to the side of the set and hold down the -/V button on the side of the TV (middle of 5 buttons).
At the same time (holding this button down) press the AV button on the Remote control 3 times
The Hotel Mode Menu should then appear on. Set the initial input to hdmi.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

brilliant thats it sorted thanks

Your welcome!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Thank you very much!