Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I I am a sky talk customer and have Panasonic Digital Cordless

Customer Question

I I am a sky talk customer and have Panasonic Digital Cordless Phones. These have worked perfectly for the last 3 years but have now stopped - I can hear a very faint hum with a lot of crackling but I cannot get a connection nor can I receive incoming calls. I spent 45 minutes on my wifes mobile yesterday and everything was checked - all connections and batteries etc also the external BT line to no avail . all was ok.
Last evening I tried the phone again and amazingly it worked also this morning - now it has failed again and I am back to the faint hum and crackling.
Can you please check this and hopefully rectify - it is driving me mad !!!.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:
1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks your response. all is now ok . despite sky check and assurance that the bt line was alright the phones started operating correctly last evening and I received a telephone call from bt outreach to check that I was satisfied following whatever they did. apparently they had been contacted by sky. so it seems the external bt line or equipment was the trouble all along. sorry to have troubled you.

Bill Le Gros

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome Bill, I'm glad to hear it is back on track for you. I had expected it was a line issue, but requested the earlier information to help verify and diagnose that.
Best regards,
Nathan