*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

IVIEW - 1800HD microphones not working functio

Customer Question

IVIEW - 1800HD microphones not working for Karoake function
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. If microphones are not working make sure the red & white cables are plugged in the music and mic input first, also make sure the volume is up.
Let me know if that helps please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Randy

Two mikes are plugged into mike input sockets and volume turned to full.

HDMI cable hooked into TV and picture/sound fine from DVD.

Stephen

Okay, did you connect the audio out red/white cables on the dvd to the audio in on the tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Red and white cables connected to mic out sockets on back of DVD and I think into the right sockets on TV. Would it help if I emailed sockets in TV to make sure ok as I'm not very technical!

Yes, that will be good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What's easy way to send photo over to you?

If you have it on your computer you can click on the paper clip icon.
If it is on your phone you can email it to meCustomerat gmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sent from phone.

TV is a JVC

The picture was a little dark however it looks like the connections on the tv are incorrect. What type of cable is going to the dvd? Is it one of the scart in the picture. The reason I ask is that the audio cables from the dvd have to be connected to the same input as the video. The tv does not look like it has that feature. If it has an available audio and video port that is compatible ,you may have to get the cables to match. The input that you have the audio connected to on the tv looks like the video requires the red green blue cables, if you have those cables try that video input on your tv.
The problem you are having is that the audio for the dvd comes through the scart and the mic audio comes through the red and white cable and your tv will only play the audio from the selected input.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an HDMI cable from the DVD into the TV as recommended on the DVD instruction.From what your saying should I not be using The HDMI link

but seperate connections for audio and video?

yes, in order for this to work with the model of tv that you have you will need the audio and video connected to the same input on your tv to use the mics. does the dvd have a red green blue video output?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sent photo of back of DVD box.

yes, that is good. Use the red green and blue video and connect it just above the audio where you have it on the tv. Then select that input on your remote. You can probably keep the hdmi like it is to watch dvd movies on and use the other input for the karaoke.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Probably a stupid question but is their any significance of the colour of the input on the wire or can you use any wire as long as it goes to the same colour socket?

Yes, you can do that.Tthe red green blue is a special cable, the other will probably work but the quality will not be as good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks that seemed to work!

Thanks again.

Thats great!