Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Just bought a panasonic TX-50A300B 50" tv. Connected Tivo

Just bought a panasonic TX-50A300B 50" tv.
Connected Tivo box via HDMI1, and allis working fine.
However, connected a sony dvd player via scart socket, and it wont play thru the tv.
When I press the AV button on the TV remote, Scart doesn't even appear as an input option!
What am I doing wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Sony DVD player that is being hooked to TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a Sony DVP-NS430 CD/DVD Player, connected via scart to a panasonic TX-50A300B tv.

But when I press AV on the TV's remote, scart doesn't appear as on of the source options, the list only includes:

1. Side AV

2. HDMI 1

3. HDMI 2

4. YPbPr

5. VGA/PC

and that is it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Do you have regular AV cord (yellow-red-white) to connect the DVD player on side AV jacks of TV to confirm that DVD player is working and to do some adjustment in DVD menu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried connecting DVD player via side AV jacks, and all I get is a constant buzz noise, and no picture.

Why does the scart input (back of tv) not appear on the AV source list?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Adie,
This kind of issue occurs when a particular input (in this case - Scart) has set on Skip/Disable mode in Panasonic TV, please check if there is an option such as Label the input in TV menu where you can give it a label which will enable it so it will appear on Input list.
Another option is to run "First Time Installation" option in Setup/ Other Settings menu of TV and if TV asks for PIN code, try default pin either 0000 or 1234 if haven't changed the pin code yet. This will set the TV to factory default settings and Scart input should appear on input source list.
Also try to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check.
Regarding buzz noise, it happens when AV cable is broken internally so try another AV cable, plug the yellow pin from DVD player to yellow pin of Side AV jack, red to red and white to white and check.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Indeed, the scart (EXT 1) Source input was disabled in the tv menu, I have now enabled it and have a picture and sound from the DVD player.

Lesson learned - check the Basics!

Thanks for your help Shahid

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Adie, glad to know that problem is resolved and you're enjoying DVD, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech