Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

my phone shows PUK LOCK how do I remove?

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Who is your cell phone provider/carrier?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am reluctant to pay more unless assured the problem is within my scope to correct it

Hi Sian,
Thank you for you reply.
You don't need to pay more for this service. You will be automatically sent offers for subscription or other services that you can decline.
To help you, I need to know who is your cell phone provider.
Important: do not try PUK code many times or else your SIM card will be blocked and you will need a new SIM.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my phone provider is Vodaphone.

Sorry to say I tried the PUK a lot of times, so yoiu are probably right about a new Sim.

Thank you for additional information Sian.
A PUK or 'Personal Unlocking Key' is a security feature on most mobile devices that protects your SIM card data.
If you try PIN code more than few predefined number of times your phone will ask for PUK code.
If your SIM card is not already permanently locked. There are two ways to obtain PUK code for Vodafone provider.
1. Log in to "My Vodafone" using our Vodafone account - click here to log in
2. Select "Manage my settings"
3. Select ‘Get PUK Code’ from the 'Account' menu.
4. You'll find your PUK under ‘Mobile Information’.
If you don't have Vodafone account or problem to log in please contact 03333048069 and one of the representatives will provide you with the specific PUK code for your SIM card.
If your SIM card is already locked request from representative new SIM card with the same phone number.
Please don't hesitate to ask for more help. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you are not satisfied with my help, click the following link to request refund: click here
Best Regards,
Todd