Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Will a Samsung UE46F6400 SMART TV play region 1 DVD'S if played

Customer Question

Will a Samsung UE46F6400 SMART TV play region 1 DVD'S if played on a multi region dvd platyer
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
TV has nothing to do with DVD region and it only depends on DVD player attached to the TV. If your player is multi region and already playing the region-1 disc then there would not be any problem to watch it on this TV as well.
TV just needs video-audio signals from connected video source (DVD player in this case) to present its picture and sound. If DVD player playback region-1 disc and video out signal is NTSC color system then you need to ask the sales person on store to check if TV has NTSC color system (calls multi color system TV) to avoid any problem and bets course of action would be to playback region-1 disc in DVD player to any available TV before ordering the Samsung TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now tried your answer to my question and you were perfectly correct it works fine thank you very much would recommend service but it is a bit pricey.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David, glad to know I was able to help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Have nice time!
Shahid.