Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

nexus 7 turned it on this morning and all it is doing is talking

nexus 7 turned it on this morning and all it is doing is talking to me how many email battery life wifi time i can not do anything thing with it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this: Press & hold the Power on/off button on the Nexus 7 device for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no change just turns on off

I'm sorry, how about holding the Power on/off button for about 45 seconds this time? If needed, charge it while holding. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still doing the same

I'm sorry, it looks like the nexus software is corrupted. Please try the following:
  1. Press & hold the Power on/off button for about 15 seconds in order to power it off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the tablet turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
  3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode."
  4. Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
  5. While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button once.
  6. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
  7. Press the Volume Down button seven times to highlight "Yes - erase all user data," then press thePower button to select it.
  8. After the reset is complete, select the option to reboot your device.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got a green robot the start and 2 arrows

Does it show anything else? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just some very small writing

Are you able to read the writing on it? Does it give any option? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it says locked state

Press the Volume Down button, does it do anything? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

restart bootloader

Was this nexus device rooted, if you know?

If you press the Volume Down button again (and/or again), does it give any other option?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes recoverymode

1. With "Recovery mode" higlighted, press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
  2. While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button once.
  3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
  4. Press the Volume Down button seven times to highlight "Yes - erase all user data," then press thePower button to select it.
  5. After the reset is complete, select the option to reboot your device.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not moving now

Sorry, which step are you stuck at? What is showing on the screen right now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

green robot with red exclation mark

Does it also say "No command" words also?

1. Now, press and keep holding the Power button, then press and release the Volume Up button once.
  2. Then release the Power button.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.