info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician
18621325

My sharp LCD Model LC22 Le510k has lost all the channels and

Customer Question

My sharp LCD Model LC22 Le510k has lost all the channels and tells me to go to install and retune when I do this it tells me to check my antenna connection which Idid and it is ok
Category: Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

The only sure way to check the antenna is to try another TV on that antenna point thats suspicious have you done that?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant move the other TVs that I have as they are fixed to walls the other sets are working off the same sky dish that this one

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Can you move the set thats got the problem to another known good point?you see its the point that needs to be eliminated so its check the set or check the point both will verify if that point is the problem and maybe theirs a problem with the distribution to that point , are you viewing by SEPARATE boxes?not the same box feeding all the sets?so you have a box at that bad point too?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant Do this until my family come home this evening should I phone sky and ask them to check the HD box

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
John I originally thought you had an aerial, are you saying that the set thats got the problem is fed by a box?

Do you have different boxes for the other sets?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
John OK the set is in the wrong mode if its asking to be tuned in, you need to get the set into AV mode using the input button on the TV remote, so switch the box ON, pick up the TV remote and cycle (keep pressing)the input button until you get the box through

If your having trouble with that let me know and I will get the manual and let you know what to do

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Box is on and the green light is lit I have tried pressing the sky button but nothing is happening

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
No the INPUT button on the TV remote control NOT the sky

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pressing the button on right hand side of tv control on screen now tells me no video available

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK John it looks like you have a problem with the box as no signals are coming through I am assuming you have checked the lead from the box is home and good.

You will need to get sky out to replace it

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Anthony I will contact sky

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes its looking like theirs no signals from the box(assuming you did get through the inputs)

Let me know if I can do anything else

A positive rating is appreciated you will see a rating bar with this post, rating positive is the only way I receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony