Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Shahid, I have an old vcr with just scart lead socket and

Hi Shahid, I have an old vcr with just scart lead socket and want to play the old videos through the tv but none of the bits let me play. I have put scart to scart, I have tried. it is the model LE32b450c4w. thanks mate.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of VCR in question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid, the make of vcr is a Panasonic model number NV-SJ220B-S. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
just awaiting answer. thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian,
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.
Have you tried to select Ext input source in TV after hooking Scart to Scart cable between TV and VCR?
Thnaks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid I have tried all the inputs so far, ext, av, hdmi 1 and 2 nothing is happening. cheers

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Ian,
We need to check VCR and Scart cable to another TV which will narrow down the issue to see if TV has internal problem or VCR is working etc.
Can you please connect Scart cable and VCR to another TV as a test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid I have tried the vcr in a smaller tv scart to scart so maybe it is just the vcr.thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Ian,
If VCR worked with smaller TV then the problem would be with Samsung TV as its Ext input isn't working for some reason and if VCR didn't work with smaller TV then yes, it is VCR internal failure and Samsung TV would be fine.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.