Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have just moved to clacton and I am having problems getting

Customer Question

I have just moved to clacton and I am having problems getting any television working and when they do work I only get a few channels. I london if we did not have an outside ariel in all the rooms we could use the special ariel on top of tv but thet does not work here
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

In Clacton, you will need to re-tune the TVs to connect to a different transmitter (Dover)

Pete :

In London, you were probably tuned in to the Crystal Palace transmitter.

Pete :

Let me know if re-tuning the TV sets works for you :)

Pete :

(the few channels that are still working may be picking up a weak signal from Crystal Palace, but re-tuning should get you a much stronger signal on all channels)

JACUSTOMER-hm58214f- :

We have tried retuning all the tvs again but still nothing so I have called in a tv man who has fitted a booster box to get it working

Pete :

Ok, if you are in an area where the signal is weak or the aerial is not very strong, you will need to use a booster.