Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I pressed the joystick at back of tv by mistake and now can't

I pressed the joystick at back of tv by mistake and now can't get back to using tv remote. help, how do I get back to remote - I don't want to keep using the joystick thing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV?
This info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ue22h5600akxxu Samsung

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer for the info.
- Can you please try this Samsung remote to another Samsung TV available nearby to see if remote itself is working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it works on my other samsung tv

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer for the info.
I'm afraid it is remote sensor failure in TV that is why TV doesn't receive remote infrared signals and it would be coincident that remote sensor failed at same time when you touch the joy stick, actually joy stick and remote sensor located on same board in this TV, please take off back cover of TV to access the sensor board to get the part number off of board to search/ google it for price and stock info to order it. Please check following link to view sample remote sensor board...
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BN41-02145A-SAMSUNG-UE22H5000AK-POWER-BUTTON-IR-BOARD-/251797031284?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Boards_Parts&hash=item3aa045c974
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, that sounds a pain! I think what I'll do is unplug it for a long while, then try to reinstall again and see what happens. If the hardware then seems to be at fault, maybe just buy another TV - I'm not going to mess about with taking covers off etc.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sure, please try to unplug TV power cord for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check. if it doesn't help then remote sensor board replacement will be next option.
I hope these info will help, please reply back with the result or if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.