Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a HBD-N900W Sony Home theatre which has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a HBD-N900W Sony Home theatre which has stopped working. Initially I got a warning 'protect press power' or something similar now nothing, no power lights etc. What can I do ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there!

Pete :

The Protect error message is usually caused by a speaker or amplifier problem.

Pete :

Try removing all speaker connections from the home theatre system, then try powering on the system again.

Pete :

If you still get the 'Protect' error message when all speakers have been removed, then the amplifier in the system has a fault and it will require a repair.

Pete :

If it turns on ok, with no error message, then one of the speakers or the speaker wiring is faulty - connect the speakers one by one until the fault returns and you have found the source of the problem.

Pete :

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Pete :

A positive rating for my service today would be greatly appreciated :)

JACUSTOMER-zns6wpnn- : As mentioned, the protect warning was what I saw initially. As mentioned now I have no power whatsoever.
Pete :

Even when the speakers are disconnected?