Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I purchased a Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-EX769EB) in

Customer Question

I purchased a Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-EX769EB) in September 2009. The Favourites Editor has suddenly, started to appear on programmes I wish to record. I cannot find a way of deleting this function in your Guide and am forced to delete a recorded programme which I would like to watch. Could you advise me, please? Janet Perkins

I have now been waiting for almost four hours for a response. How much longer do I have to wait, please?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry about the delay you had, I will help you with this.
It is likely an issue with the firmware. Can you on the recorder itself, hold the channel up and down buttons for 10 seconds then release.
Then setup the recorder again and tell me if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Ritchie,

Thank you for your response and I apologise for the delay in my reply.

I have tried your suggestion, to no avail, but this could be due to my ineptitude!

I have discovered instructions regarding the Favourites Editor Function on page 60 of the Panasonic Operating Instructions for Model No. DMR-EX769EB and have carried out what I hoped would delete the channels - again, with no success!

I have never - and do not wish - to use the Favourite Editors Function and would be very grateful if you could instruct me on how to disable it, please.

I had recorded a programme on Channel 2, but cannot get rid of the Favourites Editor Function and, therefore, cannot see the programme. I have already deleted two recorded programmes, on other channels, for the same reasoning.

Sorry to 'go on' but I don't want to 'Favourites Edit' - never have and never will. How can I get rid of it, please?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Janet Perkins

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its no problem Janet! I wouldn't want it either.
When you did my instructions, did it go through the setup procedure?