Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

just transferred from windows 8.1 to windows 7 lost Norton

just transferred from windows 8.1 to windows 7 lost Norton support please help reinstall
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please how you initially purchased Norton?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,recently [just before Christmas] we purchased a new hp lap top together with the Norton security that had a product key, that was ok until we had windows 8.1 taken off and windows 7 installed, the Norton was deleted in the switch over

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We need to get the correct version that came preinstalled.
Do you recall what this was?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

originally Macafee came installed temporary but I was unaware and purchased the Norton security. when we had the conversion a free anti virus was installed which expires in three days time

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you purchased it recently, then you just need to re-download it again
To do this
Go to https://norton.com/setup
Sign into your account
In the Install on this device window, click Agree & Download.
You can then re-download and register it again.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you I would be most grateful if you would take on the installation. ***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Tony, Please accept the additional service and I can do this for you