Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Digital Video Camera DCR-TRV255E. All functios OK except

Digital Video Camera DCR-TRV255E.
All functios OK except that when I put in a blank cassette to film I see no picture and green STBY is on screen.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Just to clear, camcorder doesn't show live view in camera/ record mode, is this correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Correct

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is correct

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ken for the info.
This is common problem with this model and it occurs due to failure of CCD imager chip in camera, ccd imager chip is an electronic device that converts an image/ light into electronic signals that send to video processing circuitry.
I been repaired many camcorders for exact this problem, required ccd imager chip part number is ***** and camcorder will take apart in details for chip replacement because it is mounted on end of lens assembly and good soldering work is required with proper tools and expertise.
Please check following link to view ccd imager chip price info..
http://www.metrocs.co.uk/pgProduct.cfm;jsessionid=42301dedbbb988130d2d4f541949d7c4a5c2?Product=10054_285_103143-A7013401A-CCD-BLOCK-ASSY&CFID=26879961&CFTOKEN=10835677&jsessionid=42301dedbbb988130d2d4f541949d7c4a5c2
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.