Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Lumix Camera model DCM-TZ3. Suddenly all

I have a Panasonic Lumix Camera model DCM-TZ3. Suddenly all the views are pink/mauve and pictures are the same when printed. There are also lines going across the screen, horizontal and vertical. Have I done something wrong or has the camera developed a fault? If it is a fault, is it repairable and if so what do you think the approximate cost would be?
My telephone number is ***** 540789 if you it would help to discuss this problem. Many thanks in anticipation of your help and guidance.
Alan Dean
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First step Alan is to remove the battery and wait 5 minutes.
This will then drain any residue power.
Then put the battery back in, turn it on and take a test photo
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change in quality of picture

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan
It is the image chip in the camera that is failing. It happens after time on these cameras
Its not worth getting repaired sorry (you actually can't unless its under warranty then they replace the mainboard), with these cameras its cheaper in the long run to just get it replaced with a new one.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A rather expensive way to be told what I as an amateur already suspected!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Alan, I can only tell you the reality of the situation

Let me know if you need anything else please Thank you