Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic theatre sound system SC-BT100. It's

Customer Question

Hello I have a Panasonic theatre sound system SC-BT100. It's like on stand by mode and I can't switch it on
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does unit show any error code in front display, for example; U30 or F99 or H19 or some thing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No error code in fact the system screen is blank but when I press the red on/off button for 5 seconds the red button flashes
Jill
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gillian for the info.
- Have you tried to unplug sound system power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've tried that, it seems apart from the red light on everything else is dead there is no display on,
Regards Jill
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gillian for the info.
It seems the main processor section isn't working for some reason that is why sound system doesn't respond at all nor it present any error code. There are three circuit boards suspected in unit and can cause such failure, main board, DSP board and digital board.
It needs further troubleshooting with multimeter and related schematics in hand to determine what board is defective to get it replaced and this kind of work should be done by handy person and would cost good money if required board is still available with Panasonic parts in area.
I can provide you service manual of this sound system if that helps, since this unit is approx year 2008 model so at this point you would be better off with a new home theater system instead of spending money and time on this old unit repair. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.