Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have the Panasonic SC-BTX70 and I have connected it to

Hi I have the Panasonic SC-BTX70 and I have connected it to a new Panasonic tv which bought yesterday and the DVD player requested a firmware update which I did then it turned itself off and won't come back on its as if there is no power going to it I've checked all obvious things fuse etc, any ideas
Regards mark
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the bluray player?
- Have you tried to unplug power cord of unit for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check>?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi player is 5 years old have unplugged now
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please take your time and reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok have plugged back in and nothing!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Mark,
It seems the firmware update isn't installed properly for some reason (mostly happens due to interruption of internet connectivity to server) thus old firmware of player has been corrupted so unit isn't booting up, sorry for this news.
At this point you can either replace the main board of player to get it fixed (it would cost good money and need to send the unit to nearest Panasonic service center) or invest the repair money on a new sound system instead of spending on old unit. I would recommend a new unit.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.